Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stories from Cameroon: freaker that I thougth. Part II

Since I travel a lot because of my job I’ve always thought it’s weird to ”live together” with people you barely know. Specially in certain dangerous countries where you can’t go out alone, your colleagues are your only friends and family at that time. Strong and at the same time strange links are created... a forced intimacy is created that in some cases later leads to true attachment and frienship. Even if you spend only a week together, it feels like you know that people for years. In most cases you’ve gone through certain situations that in normal circumstances you’d only share with your family or very close friends. It’s an interesting phenomenon.

A’s attitude was more and more disconcerting every day. He seemed in a daze. Was staring at me all the time to the extent that was making me uncomfortable. I couldn’t talk to him normally either, felt so weird...but at the same time I was conscious that I was also sending him signals. It was unintentionally I guess... but I loved the way he called my name, and the way he said bastard, lol, and his accent. He started to take pics of me with his camera, which is one of the most embarrassing things that someone you’re interested in can do to you, specially if all your colleagues are looking at it with amusement.

One of the nights he didn’t go out for dinner... he was sick, or so he said, but he only told my colleagues not me. I wanted to talk to him, sms him or something but I didn’t have his number... so when we were back at hotel I called him to his room. OK, OK, I know that it’s too daring, I know... but I just wanted to talk to him. He was surprised... but he sounded happy to hear me. Thanked me for the call, and that was all. Next day when we met at the lift in the morning I was a bit embarrased though... I mean, I wasn’t supposed to know his room number.

We went out for dinner to this cool place and I did some stupid things like recording my number on his phone... gosh... can you beleive that?. He was very receptive, actually he literally pushed away one of the guys to seat by me on the car. We were so close, talking crap and pretend to follow a conversation but I could tell he was feeling just like me.
But that’s not the worst... when we came back to the hotel both of us were trying to prolong conversation as much as possible but the guys wanted to go to sleep and so we did. Once in my room I couldn’t resist calling him again. He was amused when he heard me asking .. what u doing???. He told me go to sleep like if I was a little girl and we hung up. But I called again... gosh.. and guess what.... he didn’t anwer the phone... can you beleive this?... I insisted... I’m not the type that just lets it go... lol.. and he didn’t answer at all. I was so pissed and lost... I mean.. if he liked me, why didn’t he want to talk to me?. Do you have any clue?.

He saved the best for the last day. We all went to the beach. Have you ever been in a situation like this? When you want to be with one person but you just can’t because you’re surrounded by people?. I’m sure he was feeling the same. He was seeking me all the time and I was determined to ignore him. But he came to me. We were talking about us. More personal than ever. In the meantime he was making a fool of himself, literally running after me, taking pics, rubbing his head against my arm, holding me by the ankle when I wanted to swimm or making gymn exercises by the pool while the guys were laughing their heads off. They were making jokes in Spanish and I’m not that sure A. Didn’t understand. I was even laughing myself... so I went to lay on the beach and he wasn’t embarrased at all to come by my side in spite of the jokes. The whole day went on like that. I even caught him staring at my bum and he bursted out laughing when he noticed. It was getting dark, so we planned to go back to town to take a drink. It was the last night... so I have to admit that I was kind of curious about what he was planning to do. Would he say something to me?
Do you want to know how the story ends? Do you want to find out how I made an absolute fool of myself?... then don’t miss the next post. To be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home