Wednesday, June 21, 2006

HOLIDAY, INTERVIEWS AND MESS

I'm going on holiday... I need it!!. I don't sleep at all lately... The interviews I've had in the last two weeks and the mess with L are getting on my nerves.
The Egyptian Prince connects to the messenger a lot lately. Makes me nervous to know that he's out there... online... To know that I can talk to him... just like that... but I was kind of pissed after our last conversation. He keeps on telling me the same crap, again and again... Besides he never says goodbye and I find that particularly annoying, so I have decided not to start a conversation again.
Actually, L. has made me understand what is to be really interested in somebody... no matter the distance or the cultural differences. So, let's say that I'm using L. to forget the Egyptian Prince, and I don't know what will be the end of this story.
So, I was peacefully working at home this mornig when the Egyptian Prince turned up and this is what followed:

Egyptian Prince: hellllooo
Spanish Moza: how r u?
Egyptian Prince: i am ok thanks
Egyptian Prince: how is life in the office
Spanish Moza: cool.... im on holiday!!!
Egyptian Prince: wowwwwww
Egyptian Prince: where?
Egyptian Prince: xxx (a place where we were supposed to have met last summer... long story)
Spanish Moza: actually im making interviews like theres no tomorrow but aparently nobody wants me
Spanish Moza: no, im not going to XXX... maybe in july
Egyptian Prince: i want you
Spanish Moza: dont b silly
Egyptian Prince: :)
Spanish Moza: im going to andalucia
Egyptian Prince: i am silly (He's not exactly silly, he's just a jerk)

Spanish Moza: to the beach in the south of spain
Egyptian Prince: very :)
Spanish Moza: lol
Egyptian Prince: wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Egyptian Prince: wish to be there with u
Spanish Moza: its easy
Spanish Moza: take a plane and come
Spanish Moza: :P
Egyptian Prince: what if i come
Egyptian Prince: what r we going to do ? :)
Spanish Moza: go to the beach
Spanish Moza: and enjoy andalucia... i'm sure you'd like it
Egyptian Prince: just that ?
Spanish Moza: just that
Egyptian Prince: only beach and enjoying andalucia?
Spanish Moza: only
Egyptian Prince: ouuuuuuuh
Egyptian Prince: am i punished or something ? ;)
Spanish Moza: sort of
Egyptian Prince: what shall i do to release this punishment ?
Spanish Moza: you already know what you got to do
Spanish Moza: :P
Egyptian Prince:wana hear it from you :)
Spanish Moza: cmon

.........no answer for the time being....

I know that I'm hooked on this guy, but I'm not that dumb. I understand that he sees me the way my egyptian blogger friends told me he would see me. Just an easy european chick. And this really upsets me. I don't know if there's a way to change that but I'm afraid there isn't, and this makes me feel so depressed. I'm sure he's never believed a word of what I've told him about my feelings. And it was all true!!!. Is there a way I could make him see how wrong he is???. Any suggestions????

7 Comments:

Blogger The Eyewitness said...

Before you try changing the way he looks at you, you should first decide and know how you look at yourself, because you are not determinant of how to look at yourself yet.
If you have a clear vision at yourself it will be easily transformed to him or whoever else.

12:22 AM  
Blogger The Eyewitness said...

I'm sorry if my comment was a bit tough. Sorry.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Sherif Abaza said...

Ola

En primero, me alegro que finalmente realizas que el te ve realmente como una muchacha europea facila. En segundo, sugiero que comiencias a tratarlo severamente, aun si es difícil para ti. No haga caso de tus sentimientos un poco y trate de olvidarlos tratando con el, y finalmente lo olvidara.

Sherif (An Egyptian - definately not a prince)

2:56 AM  
Blogger spanish_moza said...

Hola Sabaza,

Hablas muy bien español!!!

Muchas gracias por tu comentario. Me gustaría que un chico egipcio me explicara por qué nos ven así a todas las europeas. Me resulta muy triste y a la vez me molesta mucho.
Ya se que tengo que ignorarlo para olvidarme de él.... llevo mucho tiempo sin escribir en el blog porque no tengo tiempo.. pero tengo más cosas que contar relativas al Príncipe Egipcio. Cada vez lo veo más claro, y me da mucha pena.
Gracias de nuevo

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sherif Abaza said...

No debería hacerte triste que lo ves más claramente. Sé que es difícil. Viví en Egipto durante un tiempo corto, y vi como los hombres allí miran a mujeres en general, y mujeres europeas en Específico.

Su pensamiento es un resultado directo de la comunidad en la que ellos son criados. Esto es también un resultado de ellos modo que las mujeres de egipcio son. La televisión tiene mucho para hacer con ello también. Todo que ellos ven por la televisión todo el tiempo es estos espectáculos donde las mujeres occidentales duermen con tipos arbitrarios todo el tiempo.

Ellos están acostumbrado a ser ignorados para las mujeres egipcias. ¡Es una comunidad segregada, dónde no es animado que los hombres y las mujeres se mezclan tanto (hablo generalmente, por supuesto hay excepciones) y para esto, cuando una mujer se ríe de un hombre, bromas con él, o lo trata amablemente, él automáticamente piensa que le gusta él y si aquella mujer resulta ser occidental, él piensa que ella dormirá con él!

Siento el poste largo. Esto es un tema muy interesante, y me gustaría dirigirme a ti más sobre ello. puedes enviarme por correo electrónico si te gusta.

11:39 AM  
Blogger KareemFromEgypt said...

nice spanish conversation u have there *angry and curious about topic*

well moza it seems that you are holding on to a beautiful memory and refusing to treat it as just that, a memory.

personally i don't think there's a way of making him see how wrong he is, and to be honest even if there was a way i wouldn't advise you to use it

it's not worth it to invest a lot of emotions in a relationship/guy/prince that is 4 hours by plane away from you. treat it lightly and enjoy his company when he's around but don't think too much about him when he's away. you will only cause yourself a lot of trouble if you don't

the way he views you (easy european girl) is not gonna change easily, it's buried underneath layers of stupid culture and old thinking, and it's gonna take a lot of effort to change that

i appologise for being too blunt, and thanks for the birthday wishes, when is yours?

1:12 PM  
Blogger spanish_moza said...

Hi guys,

All of you (and Yasmina also!!!) are helping me a lot. Really.

Sabaza: Muchas gracias por tu ayuda. Es cierto que es un tema muy interesante. Te mandaré un correo para que hablemos más, vale?

Eyewitness: You can say what you want, you know I appreciate your opinion

Kareem: Thanks for your help too. You're not being blunt, it's just the way it works, and I'm glad you tell me about it because now I'm able to see it. My birthday it's at the end of this month :-))

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home