Wednesday, April 05, 2006

MADRID FROM A MOTORBIKE

The day couldn’t have started worse. I didn’t sleep at all. I went to bed early yesterday, cause I know that when I don’t sleep enough (which is most of the time) I tend to see things quite dark. However, I wasn’t able to sleep. Thinking about the same stuff.
So, I woke up more tired than yesterday (no comments about my look this morning). I went to work and the parking was full. OK, doesn’t matter. I had to park in the middle of nowhere and walk for a while.... well. I’ve been really crossed during the day.

So, I left the office early and passed by my friend Reki. It was a wonderful afternoon, the weather is so nice these days. Even too hot for early April. Blue sky... I love blue sky. I love spring in Madrid. We left my car parked and we took his big Yamaha. Much easier to move around the city in a motorbike. Unfortunately, he has a huge head (we’re always kidding about it), and the helmet he lent me was so big that it could have blown with the wind if I wasn’t holding it all the time.
I was enjoying the ride. As we were riding I felt how my sadness and my anger were dissappearing. They seemed more distant, like if they were some other’s sadness and anger (blowing with the wind, like the helmet was trying to do).
Reki is my friend from several years now. He’s really funny and absolutely gay. I know I can count on him, although lately we’ve grown apart. Since he met his last boyfriend he’s been very busy. It seems he’s now into sadomaso. It’s not that I’m not understanding, It’s just that I prefer not to know. I prefer a happy ignorance about his sexual life and I definitely prefer not to go with him to buy all this leather stuff.

Anyway, it’s been a lovely evening. We’ve been to see his new apartment in downtown. He hasn’t move yet but he’s bought a wonderful flat in a beautiful square in old Madrid. It’s been ages since the last time I’ve been in downtown during the day (specially a week day). I love it. The city is so full of life, you can almost hear her heartbeat. Besides, Madrid from the motorbike is cool. The weather was so fine. La Cibeles, is gorgeous. Gran Vía was packed. The traffic was a mess and the traffic agents were messing it up even more. We’ve left the motorbike and walked for about an hour or so.
We’ve been in Plaza Mayor, full of cafés with terraces, and in Puerta del Sol. God, I have found out that the signs in Puerta del Sol are in japanese!!!!. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know that Madrid had so many japanese tourists. I guess they’re everywhere.
After the walk he has invited me to an ice-cream in my favourite place in Madrid. He really knows me ;-), and detects a bad day just by hearing my voice on the phone.

I haven't forgotten the prince (BTW Reki doesn't want even to hear about it), but he managed to cheer me up and I think it’s been a good day after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home