Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'M OUTSTANDING!!!!

Today at work we have received our annual evaluation as employees, or what is the same, our pay raise.
According to this human resources crap, there are different possible valorations depending on your performance evaluation during the year. I don’t know them by heart (actually, I’ve never paid attention to it) but depending on your performance it’s more or less like this. You can be below expectations, meet expectations, good, very good and outstanding. Most people meet expectations or are good. On the other hand, very few people are below expectations or outstanding.

Even when the results of my company this year have been the best in its history, the pay raise is going to be meaner than ever, for strategic reasons, apparently.
However, this doesn’t seem to apply to the anual kick-off, which this year, appart from being pretty kitsch, must have cost a fortune.

Anyway, when my manager called me this afternoon, I was pretending to work, as I’ve been doing lately (well, specially in the last year). I got into his room and seated there expecting the usual nonsense explanations about the finantial results and their impact on our unit. And suddenly he’s told me that my performance evaluation this year has been outstanding. Me???. I’ve had to concentrate with all my might to avoid roaring with laughter.

After six years on the company, I’ve lost all my motivation and I’ve become so cynical that sometimes I don’t recognize myself. I take as much coffees as I can (in different floors if possible, so they cannot catch me), and I’m most of the time running through the internet wasting time or talking on the phone with my friends. I carry out my job, but I never do more than it is strictly necessary, and of course I don’t give a shit for it. Actually, this is really outstanding!!!

How can I respect my managers and my company after this??? (well, it’s not like I respected them before, you know). I know that I’ve been traveling a lot lately and it’s true that I have to work on weekends from time to time, but it’s the same for all of us, and I know that there are some of my colleagues who still believe in what they do, and work really hard. It is so unfair!!!!.

Honestly, what I find outstanding is that companies are still able to earn money with employees like me.

God, I need to get out of here.

I’ve been two years trying to get out, but I have to admit that this last year I didn’t try very hard to find a new job. This makes me feel lazy and bad.

Besides, I’m fed up with being a technician. I don’t like it. I’ve never liked it!!!. This is not for me. So, I guess it’s time to take it seriously and start again my job search.

I don’t know how I’ve reached this point in my carrer but it’s obviously time for a change. It’s time to find my way, to find the job of my dreams, where I can show how reallly outstanding I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Egyptos said...

Hey, Congrats,
I'm having longing to hear about your experience with your prince

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home